I think I already mentioned it: I‘m going into research. Yeah, you didn’t misread, I‘ll do some research that‘ll conclude into a scientific result.
I am not talking about a doctorate, my curriculum wants me to go into research for four weeks (or even more if you like to spend your holiday in the lab). The aim is to get us in contact with research early on not only in order to let us publish better dissertations later on. The task is clear: Look for a study group that works on a topic you‘re interested in and elaborate a subtopic that leads you to a conclusion that you may publish at a medical convention. Again, you didn’t misread. The university will hold a convention where every student will speak for ten minutes about what he and his study group worked out. Plus, the four students with the best speeches will receive 50€.
Whoa, this‘ll be so awesome. I can’t wait to start with research! One step at a time. First of all, I need to find a study group and a topic. Since I want start my post-study career at the university hospital it’s advisable to do every internship here and on the same subject so the people will get to know me and I will become somewhat a part of the huge team. This is why it would be great if I would start right away with this research internship on the same subject I‘ll somewhen become a consultant. Hard task, I am still not sure what do become after studies.
Anyway, I think oncology will be a big deal, so I‘ll look out for study groups on this subject – and keep you up to date!
Current mood: Excited!
Currently listening to: Sigur Rós & Steindór Andersen - Hugann seiða svalli frá
The country council of Norbotten, Sweden seeks energetic doctors on the subject of Endocrinology for Kiruna Muncipality. Come to Sweden and benefit from the advanced Swedish health care system!
Kiruna is situated only 145km north from the arctic circle and captivates by its copious winter landscape. We will help you with learning the language.
We would be pleased to hear from you!
Send inquiries to Ann-Margret Edström, Landsting Norbotten, Hamnamsgatan 12, 97125 Luleå
Current mood: Busy
Currently listening to: Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Grains
- People throw stuff at you that goes with a big BANG.
- People around you throw stuff that goes with a big BANG-BO-BA-BANG.
- You spend more time on your way to all those parties than actually at the parties.
- You meet more friends and acquaintances on your way than at said parties.
- Your evening plans change constantly – you‘ll eventually return to the party you were at initially.
- You end up having let off only one of your firecrackers (for which you had spend a considerable amount of money).
- The beautiful viewpoint is so crowded you‘re the only one who notices this SPARKLING, SHINY 5-Euro-Bill on the ground! (Well, that makes up a bit for said firework.)
- You extensively discuss topics such as „Nationalsocialism brought no unique ideologies“, „German commemoration of holocaust and WWII is ambivalent“ or „Northern languages and their similarities“ with an icelandic stranger in a mixture of English and Swedish.
- Nothing goes as expected.
- The day after seems so bloodily short.
Current mood: Busy as the white rabbit
Currently listening to: L.v.Beethoven - 2. Symphonie, 1. Satz